Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 6 BOC: Chim Chim Cheree

I wake up each morning a most happy man,

I cover my Pic-O-Pay toothpaste with Fluoristan additive Crest toothpaste

I add Hexachlorophene additive to toothpaste,detergent maybe shampoo 'cause it's so pure,

And then GL-70, Gleem toothpaste just to make sure.

Then I take a shower, but never alone;

I'm in there with Dermasil medicated dermasil lotion and Silicone.

I brush Vitrol-D Vitriol d'oeillet Eau de Parfum by Serge Lutens

on my Lanolin wave, LANOLIN WAVE hair grease

And I sharpen my Boo-boop a bad razar and use it to shave! (This is a tough one!)

(He sharpens his Boo-boop, and that's how he shaves!)

There's Tufsyn, TUFSYN - Reviews & Brand Information - GOODYEAR TIRE & RUBBER CO ...

and Retsyn, additive that absorbs odors in certs and Acrylan fiber additive too,

And Marfac rust protection and Melmac plastic dinner ware and what else is new?

There's Orlon acrylic and Korlan fiber in carpeting, and there's Accutron watch,

And Teflon high heat non stick plastic , and Ban-Lon pull over shirt with , and so on and on.

These wonderful words spin around in my brain;

Each one is a mystery I cannot explain.

Like what does that Blue Magic whitener laundry soap do --

Does it make blue things white, or make white things blue?

(His blue things are white, and his white things are blue!)

This song was apart of one of the most memorable songs to the ad world from the Mary Poppins film. Going to show what a catchy phrase or jingle can do to you throughout your day, they all over time turn into ‘chim chim cheree’. The products being referenced in the song may be ancient history or long forgotten about now, but still very relevant to how we respond to ads today.

With the amount ads we are exposed to a day, its no surprise that songs today are filled with reference to brands and product mention. We now reference people, situations, and objects to brands and understand in many ways and across many cultures what the references are. Chim chim cheree.

No comments:

Post a Comment