Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EOC Week 11: Final Blog

Discovering great ad men like George Lois and Don Draper gave light to what is to come of a great ad campaign. Advertisements are placed in our lives to cause action, and strike a nerve. Great ad men of our time such as George Lois brought gave us our MTV, and introduced the world to T o m m y H I l f I g e r. The ad men of our time were made up of a team of creative persons that worked together collectively to give a solution. Common forms of advertisements are through radio, print in newspaper, magazine, billboard and wraps of cars and buses. By television airwaves and now with technology, media is delivered to us through the use of Internet on laptops, desktops, and smartphones. The very first noted ads from restaurants, events, automobiles, and fashion were created by hand renderings before there was print. Great ads are able to tie in visual aids, and typography to create one dynamic message. A great ad also tells a story without giving a sales pitch.

The classroom experience was overall rewarding. I was able to stay behind many nights to drain my thoughts into my blogs until there was nothing left, and there were two days where I missed completing the beat of the drum. Working on the final project was initially a thrill as I thought of several media choices for the creative content. I believe the overall completion of the project fell short due to not following the proper outline for each entry, as I noticed that the subtopics I chose became repetitive for the ad campaign overall. I spent the majority of the time researching and compiling feedback, as I wanted to perfect the pitch to render seamless creative content. When going back to approach the writing portion and noticing there was no longer an even flow, the project unfortunately fell short. With the proper content for the subtopics, and ability to deck the walls with the creative content, I’m sure I could have completed an exceptional final based on the pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment